Blogs are personal, online equivalents of a journal, diary, bulletin board, column or forum. A contraction of the term "web log," a blog is a web-based running commentary. It usually has a single entry, on which readers can comment. People blog about politics, technology, sports, media and religion. Learn how to join the world of bloggers by creating one of your own.
- Step 1Get started by choosing a site that hosts blogs, often free of charge. Blogger.com, Typepad and Live Journal are just a few places to get acquainted with.
- Step 2Buy blogging software if you'd like a more involved blog, or would like to learn more. The software isn't necessary to get your blog started, but it can be an added element down the line.
- Step 3Consider registering a domain name that redirects others to the URL of your blog page. You may get more visitors this way.
- Step 4Start writing. A blog can be a great way to share your opinions and tell stories. The more frequently you write, the more visitors you'll tend to receive. Some bloggers try to write daily if possible.
- Step 5Remember that a blog is made public. Never share anything that is too personal or you risk having regrets.
- Step 6Add graphics, animation, polls and other features as you become more acquainted with the world of blogging.